In this video, we start to explore the C.R.A.P. Test for evaluating information in an online environment. Currency is the first part of the test we will explore and it looks at WHEN information was created. This is the fourth video in the Everyday Life Information Seeking Series.
Link to the transcript for this video.
Use the comment section to reflect on the following questions:
- Do you ever look at the date that the information was created?
- How time-sensitive is the information you are seeking?
- Can that information be months or years old?
- Or does it have to be updated as quickly as possible?
- Think about the platform you are using. Are you able to filter by date and do you ever do that?
Once you are finished with this post, feel free to continue to the next post about Reliability which can be found here.